Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Great Job Jack!!!

 The construction is done. Jack, you amaze me. I love it.
As you can see, Jack tacked up a board over the window to keep the wind from blow right through the coop. The chickens are still young and need a little extra heat. We have the heating lights on in the night. A few more weeks and we can take the lights out.

 Now it's up to Hazel to get it painted.

 Here is the nesting box. We have it sectioned off for now. We will make it available to the birds when they are a little older and ready to start laying. I expect eggs sometime in September.

 Inside the nesting box. This is Temporarily where the light switch is. 

 Prepping for painting.

 I am actually using a solid stain. We chose Barn Red.

First coat. 
I think that I'm really gonna like this color.

1 comment: