DGD loves to help in the coop. She's a great "pooper picker upper." She'll sit and cuddle with chicks. She's a real animal lover. So I fashioned this #10 can into a cute little stool that she can sit on while enjoying the chicks in the coop.
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Sunday, June 12, 2011
Friday, June 3, 2011
Although the chicken coop isn't COMPLETELY done, the rest is up to Hazel, Jack is well into his next project. We have purchased (we got it for a steal) an old 1963 Airstream Travel Trailer. Everything in it is original, so you can imagine it needs major renovations. So here we begin....
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
So a couple of weeks ago I took a class on growing sprouts. I bought the necessary lid and seeds and took them home to start my own "science project."
1) Soak seeds in warm water in a jar overnight
2) Rinse seeds and empty water from jar.
3) Roll jar so that seeds stick to sides.
4) Keep in dark space.
5) Rinse 2-3 times a day and repeat #2-3 for about three days
This is the growth you see after one night.
This picture is after the second night.
6) Let stand on it's side near a window to green up.
They taste so yummy on just about anything.