Saturday, April 9, 2011

Starting a Project

Why is it so easy to start a project and almost impossible to completely finish it? I can't tell you how many projects we have started around this house, just to leave the final touches to some future date. We get so ambitious, walking down the aisles of our local home improvement store, dreaming of all the fantastic improvements we can make. Thinking about more that one project at a time while walking down those aisles can be very overwhelming once you get home. I do the same thing at the craft store and the fabric store. I think it's because I'm more of a dreamer than a doer. Don't get me wrong, I do a lot of things, I just really like dreaming. Right at this moment Jack and I (Hazel) are working on an old Airstream trailer, a cabin in the mountains, a vacation home at the river, and a chicken coop in the backyard. The chicken coop is my idea and the rest are Jack's. As I write, Jack is in the backyard setting the foundation of our chicken coop, so this is where I'll start this blog, with the adventures of the chicken coop and hopefully, we can finish this project to it's entirety.
 - Hazel

 Breaking Ground
 Killer is hoping for a gopher to pop it's head up.

 The dang sprinkler head is in the way.


 Jack is so handy.... just moved that sprinkler head.

2 comments:

  1. way to go! a triple project! blogging, building, and chickens! keep up the good documenting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Hazel! You are doin' a terrific job! Maybe you'll be able to sell some them there chicken eggs for a pretty penny when the sky starts fallin'!

    ReplyDelete