Thursday, April 14, 2011

Chicken Obsession

Okay.... I'm not sure what is driving me to start collecting chickens, but it sure is strong. I have been thinking about it none stop, researching on the internet, talking to people about it and yes, even dreaming about it. I wonder if I am subconsciously worried about the State of California and it's economy and that raising chickens will give me a sense of self-reliance or maybe it's because I'm getting closer to being an empty nester and I need to make sure that I replenish my flock. What ever it is, I'm having a lot of fun and I think Jack is too. Yesterday I went to get my chickies. I met DD and DGD at Midway Feed where we picked out our girls. I got
  * 2 Barred Plymouth Rock
  * 2 Rhode Island Red
  * 1 Delaware
They are absolutely adorable! I am going to let the kids name them. Right now three are named, Fluffy (Delaware), Shortcut (RIR) and Black Jack (BPR). We just need to name two more tonight when the Grandkids come by.
~ Hazel




 Saying goodbye to the family.
 The Brooder

 Shortcut (RIR)
 Fluffy (Yellow Delaware)
 PeeWee, checking out the new members of the family
Killer and PeeWee welcoming the girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment