Tuesday, August 23, 2011

"What The Hawk!?!"

Sunday morning I slept in. Jack let the chickens out into the run. I wake up to the sound of commotion and loud "BAWK BAWKS". I go out and at first glance it looks like one of the chickens is out. I head toward the coop and what do I see? A beautiful brown and white hawk. It looks at me as if to challenge me, then flies up to the wire above my yard. My poor girls were traumatized. Several of them had bloodied beaks from trying to protect themselves. I guess that they are just too stupid to know that they were safe behind the hardware cloth. If you look closely, you can see blood running down Rocky's beak, poor girl. They are doing well now. I am now more aware of the skies when I let the girls,out to free range.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment